My fall sewing plan is slowly taking shape in my head. I have thought about what I wear, how I wear things, and what feels comfortable. It dawned on me that I usually prefer a dark inner column (black or dark gray dress) with a cardigan in a lighter color (which will be lime green this season). With pants (almost always black), I wear a black top with a light-colored cardigan or a light-colored top with a black cardigan.
With that in mind, I came up with two dress/cardigan outfits. I also need to replace a pair of dress pants that have seen better days. And I am still mourning my favorite PJs that I wore to shreds so a new pair will round out my 6-PAC. Here’s the plan so far:
- black long-sleeved T-shirt dress – Sophia knit
- lime green sweater jacket – Brown Sheep Nature Spun yarn
- dark gray long-sleeved T-shirt dress – doubleknit
- lime green cardigan – doubleknit
- black long pants – wool crepe
- lime green/black PJs – Kona cotton
That should be enough to get things rolling. I’m off to the sewing room.
Happy Labor Day (or regular sewing Monday)!